According to the research conducted by Digital Commerce 360 and Bizrate Insights, the critical values for the customers are still quick delivery and cost efficiency. The survey has been performed annually since 2020, and every time the data is collected from a thousand or more respondents. This year the number of respondents reached 1116.
The customers submitted information about the most important selection factors. The top 5 of them are:
- Free shipping. It is essential for 70% of customers in 2022, compared to 82% in 2021;
- Delivery speed is meaningful for 43% of respondents. The number didn’t change significantly compared to 44% a year ago;
- Product availability and readiness for shipping were chosen by 35% of people. In 2021 this point was chosen by 48% of people and took second place among the most important factors;
- Quality of customer service became more appreciated by customers (33% compared to 23% a year ago);
- Free return shipping was moved from the 4th rank (25%) to the fifth (41% in 2021).
In addition, around 38% of the customers mentioned that cheaper shipping is more important for them than quick delivery. In the past six months, they have been choosing longer shipping options to save money.