WooCommerce released two updates this week – WooCommerce 6.1.0 Beta 1 and WooCommerce Blocks 6.6.0.
WooCommerce 6.1.0 Beta 1 is available for testing and should not be used live yet. The changes available are as follows:
- WooCommerce Blocks was updated to 6.5.0;
- WooCommerce Admin was updated to 3.0.0-rc;
- ActionScheduler was updated to 3.4.0;
- Added new action
woocommerce_page_wc-addons_connection_error, which is triggered if there is an error while trying to connect to WooCommerce.com marketplace;
is_ajaxbecame deprecated. The developers suggest using
wp_doing_ajaxinstead, which is available in WordPress.
More changes will become available soon, in Release Candidate, which should be ready by the 28th of December 2021, and Final Release, which should be publicly available on the 11th of January 2022.
The new version of WooCommerce Blocks contains some more changes, namely:
usePaymentMethodInterfacewas updated to contain proper typescript definitions;
- the shopping cart data can be synchronized to any existing draft order using the Store API;
- added hook
woocommerce_blocks_cart_update_customer_from_requestto enable updating customer data from the customer-update route;
- legacy handling for
shipping_phonein the Store API was removed;
- fixed incorrect icon displayed in WooCommerce templates after they were edited using Site Editor;
get_routes_from_namespacecan handle errors now;
- extra network request on the mount is prevented now in the cart, so the performance was increased;
- added logic to use the product archive block template on the product category and product tag pages if the theme doesn’t have templates for them;
- fixed issue with implicit quantity updates from server and data stores;
- resolved issue with payments failures after validation errors for saved cards;
- added error handling for network errors on checkout;
- adjusted margin in the shopping cart and on the checkout page.