This week WooCommerce 6.3 became publicly available. This is a minor update of this popular eCommerce plugin for WordPress, and it should not cause any issues since it was developed considering backward compatibility. However, it is still recommended to make a backup of your site before the update since third-party plugins or themes may cause some issues.
The changes implemented in this release are listed below:
- added two database indices to the attributes lookup table to improve performance for the table queries when they contain a lot of products and attributes;
- added states for Germany;
- added ability to configure WcPay tracking settings in WC Tracker;
- added ability to disable specific cookies using filter
- security update - guest sessions can be identified now using prefix;
- WooCommerce Blocks was updated to 6.9.0. The list of changes is available here;
- WooCommerce Admin was updated to 3.2.1. The changelog can be found here.
Also, the release contains many bug fixes. The complete list is available here.